Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario: Contraseña: Recordarme

TEMA: Ganancia FPS en rf2 usando PCI-e 3.0 x16...

Ganancia FPS en rf2 usando PCI-e 3.0 x16... 3 años 3 meses antes #1

• trokolo
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 236
Copio y pego literal, [i:cocjifqx][u:cocjifqx]aquí[/u:cocjifqx][/i:cocjifqx][/url:cocjifqx] enlace al foro:

In case some of you have not been following the "Live Performance Benchmark..." thread, we had been observing some graphics card performance inconsistencies between different rf2 users. Some users graphics cards (such as my GTX 970) were under-performing in rf2 compared to others with the exact same graphics card at the exact same clock speeds, yet in all other (common) games and benchmarks they were performing normally and as expected again.

TechAde managed to figure out what was causing this problem. Graphics cards that were under performing in rf2 than they should have been, were also found to be running their graphics card in PCI-e 2.0 x16 (or lower) mode on the motherboard. And when they switched it up to PCI-e 3.0 x16 mode, the under-performance issue was no more and the cards were now performing correctly and to their fullest again.

This is taken from the start of the OP in the "Live Performance Benchmarking..." thread found here (worth a look as well):
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...-for-rFactor-2

IMPORTANT UPDATE - YOU MUST READ THIS BEFORE PERFORMING BENCHMARK OR EVEN PLAYING RF2 EVER AGAIN!

Before we get into the benchmark details, something EVERYONE needs to know and do (if possible) is to make sure their graphics card is running in PCI-e 3.0 x16 mode on their motherboard! We've previously been having differences of performance with the same graphics cards in different user systems when running rf2 and we now know it's due to some user systems running their graphics card in PCI-e 2.0 x16 mode or PCI-e 3.0 x8 (or even less). Massive credit and thanks to TechAde for figuring it out! Big double thumbs up to the man!

Things you need to know, for Intel users, PCI-e 3.0 can only be enabled if a) you're motherboard supports it (which it should as standard by now) and b) you have a 3rd generation (or greater) Intel CORE cpu (e.g. i5/i7-3000/4000 series cpu). But it's also not good enough to be just running in PCI-e 3.0. It also has to be PCI-e 3.0 x16 mode. Reason being that PCI-e 3.0 x8 has the same bandwidth as PCI-e 2.0 x16 and if you're graphics card is being limited in rf2 by PCI-e 2.0 x16, it will also for the 3.0 x8.

Also, this is from TechAde: "In order to enable PCIe 3.0 on Sandybridge-E/X79 board you need to run a tool from NVIDIA, available here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...n-x79-platform ". And additionally to that from Spinelli: "All IB-E and SB-E CPUs use X79 motherboards, and only X79 motherboards. Well, all X79 motherboards, like all IB-E CPUs, come with PCI-E 3.0 "out of the box". It's just the SB-E CPUs that need the registry update because only SB-E CPUs don't come with PCI-E 3.0 "out of the box"."

From the research i have done, it would seem that no AMD cpu currently supports PCI-E 3.0 which means if you have a fast enough graphics card that would benefit from PCI-e 3.0 x16 in rf2 and if you have an AMD cpu, then it's highly unlikely you will be able to enabled PCI-E 3.0. Sorry.

I have an i5-2500k and although my mobo supports PCI-e 3.0, i simply can't enabled it. The problem is that PCI-e is integrated into the cpu itself and anything below 3rd generation Intel CORE cpu's only have PCI-e 2.0 support integrated into them. It sucks but it is what it is.

Before you even look at the below benchmark, please check you're card is running in PCI-e 3.0 mode or else you are at high risk of losing at least 16% performance (if not more).

You can do so by downloading GPU-Z and checking the "Bus Interface". Here's random pic i've pulled from the internet showing you what GPU-Z says when your graphics card is in fact running in PCI-e 3.0 x16 mode.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps0ea2773b.png

Final note however is that not* all graphics cards will benefit from PCI-e 3.0 x16 versus PCI-e 3.0 x8 or PCI-e 2.0 x16 or lower. I have no means of easily being able to tell you whether you card will benefit from it or not but if you card is within 1-2 years old and is a high end card i would wager it being very possible. You can't look to other games for reference if it's required or not because each game (and benchmark) have different hardware requirements. Some games/benchmarks will perform the same with or without PCI-e 3.0 x16, however rf2 has real benefits if you card is powerful enough. As an example, the new GTX 970 card drops 13% fps performance when using PCI-e 2.0 x16 vs. PCI-e 3.0 x16.
The higher end your graphics card, the worse the performance loss will be of course. What i can tell as a reference is my GTX 970 was bottlenecked by PCI-e 2.0 x16 which reduced performance by 12% using the "live performance benchmarking.." thread gfx settings. If your card performs better than a GTX 970, you will most certainly not want to be running in anything less than PCI-e 3.0 x16 mode. Some cards even less than my GTX 970 will also benefit but atm we're not sure exactly where the cut off point of benefit from using PCI-e 3.0 x16 over PCI-e 3.0 x8 or PCI-e 2.0 x16 is. I hope to have the answer for you shortly on this.

rFactor 2 is the first game/sim that i've used where i've observed a real benefit from PCI-e 3.0. I suppose it was about time.
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.

Ganancia FPS en rf2 usando PCI-e 3.0 x16... 2 años 9 meses antes #2

• i T o X
  • Fuera de línea
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 115
Cómo ganar fps sin mermar la calida de imagen:

www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/15927-large-f...-image-quality-loss/

Lo copio por si lo borran:

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:53 AM
Trying to run rFactor 2 with maxed-out graphics settings but just can't do it? Try the following:

These settings (especially #2, #3, and #4) are "golden" and have transformed my gaming experience. They do not change the visual quality - to me - from fully maxed-out graphics settings, yet really boost my framerates, and therefore the overall experience, so much! Thanks to these settings, I can keep everything else absolutely maxed-out.

1. Anti Aliasing (Nvidia) - 8xCSAA instead of 4xAA / 16xCSAA instead of 8xAA - Slightly better performance AND image quality. If setting from the Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector, then make sure to also set "antialiasing mode" to "override application settings" instead of "application controlled", and make sure the antialiasing in the rF2 configure screen is set to "None". If using AA from rF2 itself, then I believe Lvl 2 = 4xAA, Lvl 3 = 8xCSAA, Lvl 4 = 8xAA, and Lvl 5 = 16xCSAA, but don't quote me on that, plus, it may be different with different GPUs (780 Ti, here).

2. Shadows - "High" (4/5) - Visually speaking, you will hardly notice a difference between this setting and "Max". I don't notice it, I would need to do side by side comparisons to notice, but you sure do get better framerates (especially overall consistency around the track).

3. Shadow Blur - "Fast" (2/4) - Of course not as nice as "Quality" (lvl 4/4), but it also helps very nice with framerate and is hardly noticeable when you're actually playing (unless you play from an exterior cam eg. chase cam). Oddly enough, Fast (2/4) actually looks slightly better than "Optimized" (3/4) according to previous tests (from a build or 2 back).

4. Anisotropic Filtering - "8x" (6/7) - You almost certainly will not notice a visual quality difference between 8x and 16x (you will with 4x, though), and you also will most likely not get a framerate improvement when lapping on your own, but testing shows good framerate imrpovements when multiple cars are on screen (especially at the start, during the first couple laps, lots of cars on screen at once during a replay, etc.).

Those settings are the difference between my framerate dropping and stuttering to as low as 45 fps/eye (total 90 fps - I use Nvidia 3D Vision 2), and having them at 60 fps/eye (total 120 fps). Maybe some rare drops to 58 fps/eye (116 total) or something, but hardly. That's a pretty massive gain for 3 settings that literally make no image quality difference to me, at all - and that's while using triple screens w/ multiview!

If you still want to raise your framerates without lowering any in-game graphics then you have 2 more options (I recommend to everyone to do #5, regardless!).

5. Pre-Rendered Frames - "1" - In the Nvidia Control Panel (or Nvidia Inspector, I recommend Inspector since it has more adjustments and settings) select your rF2 profile, then change the setting (don't forget to hit Apply/Save/O.K.). Apart from gained fps in rF2, this will also decrease input lag for most users

6. In Nvidia Inspector set the following (I believe you can only adjust two of the following in the standard Nvidia Control Panel, however it may give the same result - fps-wise - but I'm not 100% certain, so I use Nvidia Inspector just to be safe):
- Texture filtering - Anisotropic filter optimization: ON
- Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: ON
- Texture filtering - Quality: HIGH PERFORMANCE
- Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization: ON

Still want more framerates while hardly affecting image quality?

7. Circuit Detail - "High" - May achieve a higher and more consistent framerate around the track or at specific points around the track where you may be experiencing framerate drops. You may notice some far-away trackside objects not showing anymore, but it is a very small amount of stuff, and usually far off into the distance rather than actual track-side stuff. It is a very, very small image quality decrease for the amount of potential framerate increase it may bring on certain PCs and certain tracks.

8. Opponent Detail - "Medium" or "High" - May improve framerates when racing against other opponents, including possible large framerate improvements when racing against many opponents.

These improvements will give you a very, very nice boost in rFactor 2 framerates without hardly affecting the image quality at all.
Thanks for supporting rFactor 2 and ISI (Image Space Incorporated)! Happy racing! :)

Here's an example of great results :)
Gave me a nice boost, just the 3 settings.
from 45 to 58-60 at the start
from 70 to 88-90 during the race.
Noting that the previous (40 & 70) was with my card overclocked, the 58-60 & 88-90 is with my card underclocked as low as possible.
(I believe the three settings being referred to are #2, #3, and #4)
source --> http://isiforums.net...ll=1#post324489

Ganancia FPS en rf2 usando PCI-e 3.0 x16... 2 años 9 meses antes #3

• SpanishDiablo
  • Fuera de línea
  • Aficionado al motor
PciE 2.0 y 3.0 dan prácticamente la misma performance , la única diferencia sería en benchmarks,
así que eso que dice de que esos usuarios que se cambiaron del 2 al 3 arreglaron sus problemas de rendimiento de rf2 no puede ser nunca por el cambio de puerto pcie 2 al 3.0
más bien en todo caso pudiera ser por el cambio de placa y/o de socket (micro) pero nunca por la versión o 2 o 3 de los puertos pcie.

De hecho hasta un SLI de 2 gráficas ambas a 8x tienen una diferencia (si es que llega) de 2 o 3 fps con el SLI a 16 x (benchmarks aparte)

joder y eso es lo que recomiendan los de ISI ? Anda que......
Última Edición: 2 años 9 meses antes por SpanishDiablo.
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.188 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena